About Climate Finance Week Ireland 2020
Investing in a Resilient Future
As part of the Ireland for Finance strategy and in association with the Department of Finance, Sustainable Nation Ireland is organising the third Climate Finance Week Ireland (CFWI) on the 2nd – 6th November.
Now in its third year, CFWI has developed into the agenda-setting event on sustainable finance. The theme for 2020 is Investing in a Resilient Future and will focus on the role of Ireland’s International Financial Services sector role in realising Europe’s renewed sustainable finance strategy. In addition to the financing of the European Green Deal, the event will share the approaches being taken at a domestic level to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
Delegates to this virtual event will have the opportunity to hear from the most senior international decision makers and thought leaders about how best to support and accelerate product innovation across investment, banking, and insurance activities. CFWI20 will also explore how the Irish financial sector activities can be aligned with emerging approaches to financing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
As climate change continues to pose one of the greatest challenges to both the global environment and economy, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic there is an even greater need to build a coherent financial system to support ESG and global sustainable growth. Highlighting continued Government commitment to the sustainable finance agenda, while emphasising the alignment of the Ireland for Finance strategy to the work of the European Commission on Sustainable Finance, CFWI20 will bring together politicians, policy makers, regulators and market actors to discuss the ESG state of play in Ireland, explore emerging approaches to financing Irish national decarbonisation efforts and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In addition, highlight the progress that both public and private stakeholders in Ireland have made and continue to make in support of the sustainable finance agenda, while celebrating recent initiatives and achievements.
Finally, CFWI20 will act as a call to action to accelerate collective efforts into 2021 to enable the financial industry to play a full role in driving a resilient yet sustainable economic recovery.
CFWI20 will also cover topics including:
- ESG Data – The Rise of Digital Technology
- Out of Crisis into a new ESG reality: what next for Europe and Ireland
- Product Innovation ideas for the European Green Deal, a view from the Investment Management industry
- Principles for Responsible Banking: one year on
- TCFD for banks, insurers and investors
- Addressing the ESG Skills Challenge in 2021
- The New European Sustainability Disclosure Regulations for Investment Managers – What, When, How for March 2021?
- ESG for Pension Funds – Why and How
- Biodiversity targets in the finance industry
- Raising the Climate Finance Ambition, hardwiring the TCFD into the Climate Finance architecture
- Driving Decarbonization Through Fintech